Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I'm Back (kind of)

    I'm back to a somewhat normal life (as much as one can be) which is why I haven't posted. After my last post, I haven't been back to Mayo except for an (ahem) "expansion." I'm up to about a "B" again. Yay! People who don't know about my surgery have no clue that I've had a double mastectomy. Let's hear it for modern science!
    I still don't know when I'll be starting chemotherapy. I was hoping for this Friday, but unless I hear from them tomorrow, I doubt it. The only thing I know is that I will be on a 21 day cycle. The waiting is driving me  crazy! Not that I'm really looking forward to the first treatment, but I definitely want to get started.
    Wanting to get back in shape, I started back at the gym. Slowly at first, just riding the stationary bike, but yesterday I worked out for about an hour: 10 minutes on the elliptical, lunges and squats with a 3lb. weight, abductors, leg lifts, triceps and biceps. I'm feeling the triceps today! It's good to work out again.

Working on the triceps!




Biceps!




Water is essential!






No comments:

Post a Comment